Gains From A 07 E60 520D (163)?

YidoDylan

Hi guys, getting a 520d 07 in a few weeks and just want to know about tuning possibilities, read up that a remap will bring you to about 200hp and DPF is about 10hp and then air filter + Exhaust another 10hp?

Am I right in thinking this?

People been saying about a uprated FMIC + Hybrid turbo + injectors?? - brands? Costs? GAINS?

Any light shed would be massively appreciated and I would like to see 230bhp :)

Thanks

Dylan

Yes in order to get over 210bhp you would need to think about exhaust, injectors, hybrid turbo etc but for a mild/safe remap you are looking at about 200bhp/295lbft.

200bhp and 295lbft is what I remapped my old 2006 E90 320d to and there was no dpf on the 3 series until 2007 I believe so check to see if your 2007 E60 has one.

Okay thanks, regards to FMIC, injectors, hybrid turbo, exhaust ect are there any good bands that are reasonably priced? Can I take them from a 530d? Or eBay parts?

With all that installed what hp could I be running? With safe boost*

With all those uprated parts about 250bhp+ but to be honest with a hybrid turbo plus a large front mount intercooler there will be a fair amount of lag because at the end of the day the displacement is still 2ltr.

Also you have to think with the increased lag the power and torque will be higher up the rev band and fuel economy will suffer and that's the point of a diesel.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but if it were me I would put the money these mods/tuning would cost and buy a 530d which will give you 280bhp with a remap or a 535d which would give you 340-350bhp.

Im also pretty sure that a remapped 530d will give the same if not better fuel economy than a highly strung 2.0ltr 4 pot.

Ok thanks for the info I'm about to get this BMW so I won't be thinking about another car for a good couple of years.. I've only just turned 20 too so insurance is also key :P

If say I did all of them mods minus a new hybrid turbo, what kind of gains would I see? Also mpg needs to still be good as I'm commuting now (hence the purchase of a diesel) also I'm struggling to find a FMIC any ideas on where to look?

At the end of the day I want good commuting but still wanna give type Rs, clio RS's ect a good run for their money.. Mwhahahahahah

Thanks for the help

Dylan

Not sure about the FMIC, maybe someone else on here has that knowledge.

With a remap, dpf removal and exhaust you could get about 215bhp and 320lbft and thats never going to be as quick as a Type R, ive owned 2 in the past few years.

The BMW will have the power where its needed, powerful low down and the midrange where its needed on the road, I found with having a remapped 3 series auto that although it was no match for my Type R when it wss between 6-8k rpm it was not much slower mid range which is where the BMW can be kept due to the 6 speed auto.

Guest Mister Dabsy

The 2 ltr diesel is not the motor to want these gains unless you have a bottomless wallet, while it is a strong engine, I feel the words "Whats the point?" coming on... This is 3.0d territory... Or better still get a petrol ;)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links