Buying X5 With High Mileage

euroBen

I am thinking of buying an X5 probably 2002 with a mileage of about 120,000 miles. I am looking at a 3.0d Sport. Probably looking to spend about £5-6,000.

I only work about 4 miles away from home so I won't be doing many miles a year. Only the occasional long journey to Wales from Bristol.

The thing I'm worried about is the auto gear box and the turbo as these are the two things I have heard lots of horror stories about. I have a pretty mechanical mind and have always been quite good at looking at cars but I really want a genuine opinion from people that own X5's am I going to get myself into trouble buying an X5 with that mileage. We had a diesel Mercedes once that did 400,000 miles so mileage wouldn't normally scare me but I have read a few horror stories about the X5.

What do people think. I just really like them and have wanted one for quite some time.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links