E61 Lci 530D Speaker/rca Cable Run Location

I am new to BMWs but not ICE and Car Stereo installation and am just after a little help with running cables

I have today installed a Dension Gateway 500 (AMAZING!) and Gladen Audio factory fit replacements (tweeters 4" mids and 8" underseat subs) with a view to amplifying them from a nice little 4 channel amp

I have a Mosconi/Gladen Quadlock Loom that fits inline with the factory wiring to allow me to break out a 4 channel line level signal via RCA to my amps and then feed the amplified signal back into the factory wiring and the uprated speakers meaning no need to run speaker wire into the door

In all of my past cars (all VAG actually, an A3, Leon and Octavia VRS) i was spoilt with a huge sill down the side that I could tuck the rcas and signal cables into but on the E61 there is nothing,

does anybody have ideas/pics info about ways of doing it?

most of the other threads i Can find patch into the signal at the back not behind the dash so they dont need to do this

Cheers

Guest Mister Dabsy

A work-in-action "Picstory" would be great !

And other members may require your expertise and services too ;)

...BTW Given you a little title if thats ok?!

Sorry Dude just in from finishing it, I had every intent of taking a load of pics but when i get into the flow i just forget all about it!

loving the title though cheers - check out www.projectbigblack.co.uk for my biggest install to date

Turns out the install was nice and simple - side trim pulled up and the loom tucked into it - back seats were a little bit of a challange to get by but its all in and working now

my 2 days work has consisted of installing

Dension Gateway 500

Gladen ONE 201 Extreme Speaker Kit

Mosconi Quadlock RCA Loom

GZUA4125 4 Channel Speaker to power it all

Still to add is a pair of 100ah AGM competition level batteries, a 10kwrms amplifier and a pair of 15" subs

Only problem was not leaving the negative off the battery for long enough before taking the doors off so i have the airbag warning light - Grrrrr

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links