E36 318Is New Brakes

Hi Everyone,

I finally got my new brakes all fitted. I have replaced front pads, disc's and sensor. Rear pads, disc's, sensor and handbrake shoes. I ran the them in for about 180-200 miles keeping off the heavy braking or driving to fast :P. But now when under gentle braking I have squeaky brakes.

Could this be due to being new brakes and the're just getting bedded in? I copper slipped everything that should be and cleaned up the carriers so shouldn't be that.

Or could it possibly be a seized/sticky calliper? I didn't have a bit of trouble pushing back the front drivers side but all the rest were fine.

Cheers boys and girls.

Steve.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Did you "score" the pad surfaces? Did you get rid of all the old brake dust and rust?

Try copper-greasing all the bits n bobs (including the springs etc but not the pad linings lol)...

Did you "score" the pad surfaces? Did you get rid of all the old brake dust and rust?

Try copper-greasing all the bits n bobs (including the springs etc but not the pad linings lol)...

Yeh, scored all the pad and shoe surfaces. All brake dust and rust cleared as much as possible. The only thing I didn't copper grease are the springs for the handbrake shoes. Don't see that causing the squeak under light braking though. Copper greased the back and edges of the pads and the carriers.

I'm leaning more to a possible seized calliper :(. Had a bit of trouble winding back one of the and the rest pushed back quite easily.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links