2006 E60 520D M47 Engine-Air Conditioner Compressor Removal Procedure

YannickVT

Main job is to release the toxic gases from the system... Then everything else is nuts 'n bolts ;)

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply. I understand your point. But I am having difficulties to access the back bottom bolt retaining the aircon compressor to the engine. The one at the back side of the compressor. (not the one on the compressor pulley side). It seems that the engine support needs to be released or removed first. That is why I am looking for information on how to unmount the compressor from its assy. I actually need to replace the compressor axle seal. Do you have any indication / steps to follow on how to proceed?

Regards

Thanks Jack, I shall give it a try and shall keep you posted.

Regards.

Yannick :)

Hi Jack,

How do you remove & put back again the belt going round the vibration damper pulley and the aircon pulley? Mine do not have the tensioner?

The belt reference is BMW 6455 7792 851 692637 4 pk 836 Contitech 15 CR 20 04 06. It seems the original one since new. It seems that it had never been replaced since first registered. I believe that the 20 04 06 is the date of manufacture of the belt. i.e. Manufactured on 20th April 2006. The car was manufactured on 08 June 2006.

Thanks

Guest Mister Dabsy

Right, the easiest way is to place a strong rag/cloth round the belt, rotate the engine by hand until the cloth is on the pulley then yank it off !! Or simply cut it off :)

To replace - Place the belt around the crank pulley and as much as poss around the other, then use a small c-clamp (or similar contraption) on that pulley so the belt doesn't pop off, rotate the engine by hand until its on ;)

Generally speaking, if there is no tensioner then the adjustment maybe via the unit itself (top or bottom bolt)...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links