Parts

acrybb

Hi,

I will be looking for some replacement parts soon. The cars 94k old now so needs some brake pads & discs and will be needing shockies soon. I am also going to change the air & Pollen filters.

I was thinking a K&N replacement filter as its lots less expensive than the BMW part and lasts a whole lot longer and is apparently better.

Anyway where do you lots do your shopping for bits?

Thanks

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Bad a look about picked up pollen, oil & fuel filters. Still looking for air though. I was thinking of getting the k&n however read on a few random good search forums that the oil on the filter can cause problems with the MAF sensor. Also it sounds terrible. Can anyone advise?

Anyway I was looking about and trying to figure out which filter to get. I know its just a bit of cotton/paper. Euro car parts recommends the crosland filter as do CP4L.

What price am I looking at for a genuine BM part?

Bad a look about picked up pollen, oil & fuel filters. Still looking for air though. I was thinking of getting the k&n however read on a few random good search forums that the oil on the filter can cause problems with the MAF sensor. Also it sounds terrible. Can anyone advise?

Anyway I was looking about and trying to figure out which filter to get. I know its just a bit of cotton/paper. Euro car parts recommends the crosland filter as do CP4L.

What price am I looking at for a genuine BM part?

Yes an oiled filter can screw around with the MAF which has led to people having to replace them.

I would advise a panel filter over an oiled cone filter any day of the week.

I replaced my air filter a couple of weeks ago with a Crossland filter from Eurocarparts. there are about 3 brands they offer so just pick 1 as they are all quite cheap, think I paid about 7 or 8 pounds :D

Ive only ever used an aftermarket panel filter once before and that was on an old 1997 Honda Accord 2.2 vtec, it was a Pipercross one and I just gave both sides a bit of a wipe before putting in the airbox to make sure there was no excess oil and there were no issues with the MAF.

Guest Mister Dabsy

It isn't necessary to "oil" the sports replacement filter, just use the recommended degreasing kit to clean it, let it dry and bang it in ! :)

BMW parts

Air - £25.44

Oil - £19.46

Pollen- £42.28

Fuel - £44.51

Ill leave the pollen ill go for this just now.

Where are you getting Pollen filters that cost 42.28?

The one's I ordered from Eurocarparts for my 525i were 14.70 for Hengst filters.

The quote was as follows:

Brake Pads set (f) £97.76

Brake Pads set (r )£61.04

Brake Disc (f) x2 £137.50

Brake Disc (r ) x2 £112.96

Sensor £18.20

Sensor £19.11

Disc Bolts £3.16

Parts £449.73

VAT £89.95

Total £539.68

Andy

I could get 4 Pagid discs for the price of the fronts. :blink:

and pagid front and rear pads for the price of the rear pads alone

Haha they must be winding you up with those prices, I paid 89.90 for 2 front discs (Pagid), front pads and wear sensors.

He said. "There is a bit of movement in these prices. So if you find them cheaper lets us know".

I said. Ok. Who makes them?

"Oh no no no these are genuine bmw parts".

Hmm I was under the impression that Jurid made discs & pads as they are the OEM supplier and Pagid are OE spec and quality.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links