Help... Damsel In Distress....

Whipp

Hello,

Hoping someone can help - I have recently fitted a new transfer box which I have read needs the actuator motor to be calibrated. Only 1 main dealer for BMW on the IOW and they're telling me there is no calibration that can be done. Is there anyone with a copy of the TSI for this so I can print and show to them to get them to do it?

Also when I code read there is one code in the transfer box relating to the oil change needs doing which I have done but it needs resetting. They have told me this is also not true and that there is no such thing!

All help appreciated! Thank-you in advance :) Hannah xxx

Guest Mister Dabsy

Service reset will solve oil-change...

TIS is not freely available and forms part of the BMW Service department. If I can free some time I'll try to send you the required pic ;)

Guest Mister Dabsy

The only tell-tale with tranny oil issues is when she goes into "Limp-Mode"... Other than this a Service reset should still clear its fault codes (if any arise for the box) !

As daft as it sounds, if you had disconnected the battery before changing the oil... The ecu would've been none the wiser ! :wacko:

I still don't think Im getting my point across - not the transmission oil. The oil which is inside the transfer box - it gave the code to say it needed sorting and it has been sorted - however the code has not gone away.... this problem is still minor in relation to the calibration anyway :( would be soo grateful if you could find the info for me x

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links