Strange Rattling When Dropping Revs Untill 3K

nav006

Hi guys,

Just joined and am really enjoying my 335i, :D

but one thing that is worrying me is that after taking the revs high, say for example to 5k and then releasing the throttle, I hear a strange metallic clashing type of noise until 3k revs. Is this a sign that my turbos maybe be starting to go wrong? Also when cold starting first thing in the morning the car gives a similar but not same metallic noise when idle. It almost sounds like the edge of a fan blade hitting something!!! :blink:
I have bought a warranty but just wanted to check with the experts before going to the idiots, lol. :)

Also one more thing, I want to change my 225/35/19 and 255/30/19s to run flats and am veering towards the Good year Eage F1 Asymetric 2's, are these good and should I notify my insurance as one tyre shop said that I may not be covered as the car is built for only run flats and if i change the car will behave uncontrollably , which is contrary to the info I have read on line, im so confused!?!!
HELP! :wacko:
Thanks in advance.

:)

Guest Mister Dabsy

Rattling - Could be anything like a bearing of some sort (water-pump, fan, timing-chain/tensioner) etc. etc...

Before you start her next, grab a bit of pipe to use like a stethoscope and start the engine, one end near your ear and the other searching for the noise. Get back to us with results ;)

BTW We hate "Run-Flats" here !

Welcome aboard ;)

Thanks alot guys, :)

Research seems to indicate that waste gates have alot of play therefore rattling, could also be a sign that the turbos are on their way out.

Bought a full 'Gold' warranty at the garage I got the car from with auto protect for £1000. After speaking to a few garages including halfords and 2 independent BMW ones, it seems that my warranty will only cover if parts fail not if they are faulty. Also a diagnosis fee would have to be paid by me and also a charge of £1000 per turbo for removal and refitting.

I'm just thinking about letting go of the issue now until things actually fail as that is alot of money I would have spent in the last few months on the car! :(

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links