E39 530D Auto Tiptotronic After Changing Oil , On Cold Going Not Well (No Power)

JurbasKarabas

Been so stupid have changed all oil in my gear box on E39 530D Auto tiptotronic after changing oil , when i just start my car gearbox have no power, RPM going high , speed coming up very slow but its only first 5 minutes on cold going not well (no power), after 5 minutes evrething start working well , but Sometimes when I clocked my car on the high RPM lights on gearbox bulb and its freeze on one speed and not switching up or down until i stop the car ,switch of , take out the key , . Straight away i starting car and bulb goes off and car going well again , . Any ideas ? Solutions ? (Oil level have checked twice). Thanks.

Maybe it needs a "Reset" so the ECU's are aware of the service ?!

Thanks for the reply , but can u please advice me how tyoreset it ? And if this the reason of my problem , why its happens only when its cold( when i just start drive my car ) and if I start accelerate the car very fast ( gearbox bulb comes ON and gears not switching automaticly, ) After only when i switch car off , wait a minut and start again - evrething working perfect again and bulb goes OFF ??? That killing me , always need to think about that ... please guys HELP ME !!!!

Might be an over/under refill !

I been advised about that before , what I did : I start my car , drive it about 5 minutes , go through all gears from 1-5 and rear , after that , I come back home , unscrewed level bolt on the left side of gearbox, some oil come out , when it stops I screwed back bolt , next day I try and evrething same , on cold - no power (((( .... NEED HELP GUYS !!!!!!

It should say in your owners manual what oil the gearbox takes, how much and to what standards the oil needs to meet.

Hello again I find on Halfors web site , but can u pls advise me whiche better will suit my E39 Dexron 2 or Dexron 3 ?http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_175466_langId_-1_categoryId_255219

Right, spoken to bmw down here, the oil they use is texamatic 7045e, your gear box from empty holds 8.5 litres and they sell it at £6.19 a litre which equates to £56. Had a look on fleebay and its gonna be cheaper to get it straight from bmw. My bmw dealer only keeps it in drum form and only has nine litres in stock.

ok , not bad , but maybe i did something wrong, when i been emptiyng my gearbox? couse when i unscrewed drainage bolt on the bottom of GB ,wait until it stoped liking and , after start filling from 5Ltr drum my new oil ,there( inn the drum still something left, when it start coming of from the side( level) bolt ? What i did wrong ?

Take it for a drive until the engine is hot and you have heating that will melt ya face on hot, that way you know the gearbox is up to temp, let the car idle for a couple of minutes, turn it off, get it up in the air then drain it and leave it draining while you go make a brew. By the time you've done that you should have virtually everything out of the gearbox. Then fill it up from there until it start coming out the filler hole. If you haven't got much in start the car for a couple of seconds then try filling it up again you should be able to get it all in that way. You might be having issues filling your torque converter up

• Like 1

Take it for a drive until the engine is hot and you have heating that will melt ya face on hot, that way you know the gearbox is up to temp, let the car idle for a couple of minutes, turn it off, get it up in the air then drain it and leave it draining while you go make a brew. By the time you've done that you should have virtually everything out of the gearbox. Then fill it up from there until it start coming out the filler hole. If you haven't got much in start the car for a couple of seconds then try filling it up again you should be able to get it all in that way. You might be having issues filling your torque converter up

Any ideas how to do that ? , sorry for so many questions, but first time I did it without asking anyone , and now have this problem , so please don't become ANGRY)))) Don't want to do that again after ...

Guest Mister Dabsy

I generally hate edd china, but watch the wheeler dealers with the Porsche boxster and how he fill up the auto box on that

Damn the sands that ye bare feet be cast upon, yer plankton feeder :angry: :P

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links