Mpg

xxXxx

just filled the oil buner up and she has only managed 35MPG, this is based on 200miles motorway miles (approx 1/4 a tank of diesel) and 230 miles around town (approx 3/4 tank of diesel), based on the 1/4 tank motorway miles was hoping for more MPG overall and somewhere in the mid 30's for around town only. What are you other diesel owners getting.

Trip showing 25 mpg around town with normal driving so something is up :(, having a little read on the net and it may be a failing thermostats, resulting in the engine not warming up enough. It was serviced a few thousand miles ago gonna check air filter first to make sure it's ok and go from there

Changed the air filter the weekend, ##### of a job, had to remove loads of plastic covers and strut brace to get to it (think I had every type of socket, screw driver I own out ), its now showing 28-30mpg around town. Also figured out how to get into hidden menu on the on board computer, will be having a bit of a run tomorrow to check what the engine temp is and establish if thermostats are working correctly

Tyre pressures are spot on, car is running in the mid 70's when warm so looks if the thermostats are failing, booked in next week for them to be changed, fingers crossed this solves the poor MPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thermostats changed, temperature is now in the late 80's to early 90's when walm. Car feels as if it is pulling better, mpg on computer is back down to 25mpg and it has been hunting occasionally when at idle. Checked for water and air leaks, nothing obvious, gonna fill up again mid week to check mpg from tank just in case the computer is wrong (fingers crossed).

Hi mate

On my regular commute to work which consists of A roads and country lanes, I get around 33 mpg, but then again my car is automatic. On a decent run at motorway speeds I get around 40-45mpg. I know I could have got more if I'd bought a manual, but I love the auto.

Filled up and actually got 29mpg, all cold short journeys. Looking into getting a diagnostic scanner just to check nothing else is wrong and bring the service forward a few months

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links