3 Series Coupe Baby Seat?

Hi All,

I hope everyone is well. I'm new to this and just wanted some advice. I have a BMW 3 Series Coupe and wanted to know if you can fit a rear facing baby seat in the back? The other half wants a Maxi Cosi Cabriofix because it goes on the pram as well. I was going to get an isofix base to go with it. Does anyone have any experience with this particular type or baby seats full stop especially rear facing ones.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers

Well I suppose the first thing is I take it your car has the isofix anchor points?? The next thing I can not stress more is to go and have a trial fitting at mothercare/babies r us etc because I found with mine being a coupe that the baby seat was very tight against the back of the front seat. This means the unfortunate person sitting in the front passenger seats really close to the dash. I love our isofix and wouldn't be with out it, no messing around with seat belts, it's soooooo much easier. The one thing I will say is regularly check the arms that lock the base to the car. Ours started to bend and almost fell out! (although they assure me this is the only time they've heard of this).

As for the seat, we have that seat. It's awesome. Literally had no probs with ours so not much more to say ha.

Hope this helps.

Anything else just ask

Mark

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the late reply my internet has been down.

Yes my car has isofix points.

Is it a really tight fit? I suspected that It would be. Will a 5 foot 6 women be able to fit in the front with the baby seat behind her? What model did you have?

I look forward to your response.

Cheers

my rear facing car seat hits the passenger seat in my 3 series saloon but its not so bad that the passenger in the front seat is squashed.my daughters forward facing car seat however makes her legs touch my drivers seat. have had to adjust the angle of my seat a bit but nothing major.

there is a website that you can type your car in and the model car seat you have and it will tell you a few bits of info but i cant remember it.google should help

Well my mrs is about 5 ft 6 and she fits in the passenger seat fine. Ours is currently in a 1 series 5 door but sometimes goes in a 3 series coupe. To be honest the base raises the seat up but doesn't really put it closer to the rear of the passenger seat. If yours is going into a 3 series coupe then I can't see any probs at all, in fact if anything it'll be much easier because messing around with a seat belt in a 3 series coupes a nightmare!!

Like I say the absolute best thing to do is go to mothercare or babies r us etc and ask to try. They've always been really helpful to us.

Anything else just shout

Mark

Hey Guys thanks for the response, it kind of puts my mind at ease. I understand that the coupe is not exactly the ideal car for children but as long as its manageable I'm happy with that.

Have you had any trouble fitting your push chairs in the boot?

Cheers

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links