V8 X5 Vs V8 7 Series

Right guys and girls I have had the 735 V8 e65 for six months now and thought it was time i compared it to the X5 4.6 e53 which it replaced ....

the following are all my opinion not what it says on paper :-)

Performance ......

The Performance of the X5 was far more raw and existing and pulled away like a hot hatch been stolen from a car park even at speeds of 100mph if you put your foot down in the X5 it still took off and reached 130 + in the blink of an eye ....

Economy ...

Keep this short cos if you moan about how much petrol you use get a smart car lets just say the 7 series in a little bit better on juice ..

Comfort ..

The X5 was a very comfy ride bit hard on the suspension but the cream leather was soft and all in all a nice drive ..

The 7 series however is like driving your favourite arm chair with the comfort pack even the hunch back of nochrodamb could get the seats to his liking . When I bought it the drive home was 400 miles + without a stop and it felt like I popped down to tesco

7 series wins on this one hands down.

Value for money

Both the X5 and the 7 series were of the same year 2002 when new I think the X5 was a bit more money than the 7series as it was a carbon ltd eddition . A couple of members have seen both the cars in question and I'm sure will agree they were / are in fantastic condition. But the 7 series came with its original bill of sale £57,000 I paid £3,800 now that in my eyes is value for money for a second hand car that's done 84,000 miles with a full history ..

My verdict

Love the 7 series but miss showing the boy racers that at 44 years old they ain't gonna beat me away from the lights !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have much room to talk. However I had just bought a 1994 740iL that had 204,000 mi on it's 4.0 V8. And my very good friend Ross has a late 90's 3 Series, a newer X5, a 6 Series and a GS. I have seen all these vehicles under full operation. And it's my firm belief that my 7 Series has more stock HP than any of my friends vehicles. Granted he has a straight 6 cyl in the 3 Series and has a stage 2 clutch with a upgraded rear axle, my car feels like it too has the same amount of force in the acceleration. The ride is very pleasing. To put it lightly, it rides like a cloud. I am very glad that I picked this one for my first BMW!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links