The Old Vs New Thread

The old M3 defo. Back when the passion was put into the cars and not concentrating on economic friendly cars because cars are about fun and the passion of driving and not feeling guilty to drive. Yes the world is in need of a greener lifestyle but I'm worried that all new cars are going to be powered with battery's. Such a sad subject to think about that your grand children might not never hear a straight six to a v12 engine. So sad. Anyway defo the older car.

The old M3 defo. Back when the passion was put into the cars and not concentrating on economic friendly cars because cars are about fun and the passion of driving and not feeling guilty to drive. Yes the world is in need of a greener lifestyle but I'm worried that all new cars are going to be powered with battery's. Such a sad subject to think about that your grand children might not never hear a straight six to a v12 engine. So sad. Anyway defo the older car.

My thoughts Exactly, New cars whilst they are a nice place to be you cannot beat the sound and the drive of a good "old" petrol engine!Along with steering that feels like it is connected and gives you positive feedback.

E30 for me

MOST people will say

"Yeah, can't beat a good old BMW. E30 all day"

Yet they OWN a newer one once they say that (E36/46 etc... etc...)

Why is this? The older E30s are cheaper to buy, cheaper parts and more reliable (Considering it's well maintained and you don't leave it's oil in it so long it's practically a solid)

Hmmmmmmmm

I cant honestly say the E30 is much more of a drivers car than the E46

I agree

But... You WILL get people who will kill in the name of the E30 yet pull away in their "E90" for example..

See what I'm getting at?

100%, I can be a smug git ownering both now it seems.

plus the m20 is a cracking sound

I like my oldies :)

I love my E28 but I'm a fan of the BMW noise you get from a DOHC lump so..... Yeah :D

To answer your opening question;

E30 all day. And I can back that up with owning one before and my 28 which shall never be sold as long as I still have air in my lungs :wub:

I <3 my E30 and wouldn't swap it for a newer version even if I was paid. The E36 I had before this hasn't got a Thing on the E30. It just feels better to drive. And through all the problems, It has still come out on top (so far) :)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links