Water Pump, Tentioner, Belts, And Control Arm Bushings?

Joe_M

Hi everyone..

I've just brought a BMW 320D Coupe and I'll pick her up on friday. The car has done 75,000 miles and when I asked the dealer if the car had recently had a timing belt changed he said "The belt doesn't need changing for either another 10,000 miles or 3 years".

As the car came from dealership to dealership they are awaiting the service history (if any can be found) and I don't really like the sound of "We are waiting for he cars history to be sent to us".

Would it be a good idea to have the water pump, tentioner, belts, and control arm bushings checked and replaced and roughly how much would this job cost me?

The car is immaculate inside and out and looks like shes been loved but the lack of information with her worries me.

Thanks for any help or guidance in advance its really appreciated.

Joe

Your engine has no Cambelt. It uses a Gear and Chain system which is to last the life of the engine (Or way beyond in my opinion)

If in doubt, SERVICE! under £50 if your doing it yourself. NO idea how much a grease monkey would charge im afraid.

Up to you if you want to do waterpump and belts. I wouldn't unless the belts show obvious signs of wear (Cracks in the rubber)

Bushes are cheap but a pain to change so, if you never done them before and dont have the tools, take into garage for a quote. They don't NEED doing unless you want to upgrade them to Poly bushes or you have handling faults or knocks

Honestly, just enjoy her :)

Daz

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links