Chip Upgrade On A Normally Aspirated Mini

Tom Brearley

Hi, I own a 2010 Mini One Cabriolet and was simply wondering if 'chipping' it would make much difference to the performance? as it is a Mini One and therefore is normally aspirated, I wondered if it would make much difference? Wonder if there's anyone out there who has done it and can give me some info.

Many thanks, Tom.

post-5098-0-36841400-1347126287_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to BMWOC

If you would be kind enough to introduce yourself to the team by posting a short into in our welcome thread :)

http://www.bmwownersclub.com/forums/index.php/forum/2-new-members-welcome/

Hmmm I may be wrong but I don't think many people would have tampered with the performance of the MINI ONE too much as it's not much of a performer. As I said, may be wrong :) there are a few MINI nuts here so watch this space!!

Daz

• 6 months later...

Hi, I'm new here but thought I would stick my nose in! I have a Mini one cabrio coming in the next few weeks. When I ordered it I had spoken to the salesmen and a mechanic friend that works at a Dealership. I was told that both the Mini one and the cooper have the same engine, except the One has been De-tuned. The result being the chip will (so I'm told) bring the Bhp up to the level of the cooper. I am going to find out at some point so if anybody else has had it done.

Also as the engines are the same, I am wondering if it would be a possibility of changing the Engine management system? Any ideas?

Rob

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links