Bmw Timing Chain!

bonner 330ci

In most cases, the chain out lives the engine. The chain in my M50 that had done 200k is in great nick.

A poor service history with irregular oil changes will ware the chain though. The chain tensioner is controlled by oil pressure so the tension on the chain is only as healthy as your oil service history.

I also believe the M54 engine you have has a single chain so changing it isn't the worst idea in the world.

Daz

Good stuff! my car has done 175k im 4th owner and has a massssive folder fbmwsh but oil was like tar when i gave it a service and the gap on the sparks were massive im supprised it ran as good as it did!! The car looking at mot's has done some big motorway miles!! two of the previous owners both worked for bmw one being the buyer, it does seem a good idea to change it due to the oil situation!! was going to flush it but many say its not good due to the fact it keeps seals sealed and it would probly smoke after and sound tappy??? best start getting some qoutes in!! cheers bud

Sounds good matey when I get some credit il have a chat mi fou.d u k. Fbook but had no joy any chance u put post a direct li.k cheers

Ganna hav ta run that one past me again buddy..

Haha lol only just seen that matey lol!! my mate was driving his evo while i was tryin to reply and i was taking the mick out of his driving 20mph in 5th so he gave it the boot, was tring to say i found you on facebook but couldnt find your vid of the e28 is there a way of pastein a direct link?? Cheers

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links