What Gearbox Oil Do I Need? Any Advice For Obc Which Won't Display All The Functions, Cheers!

tay447

Hi there, I've recently bought my first BMW, it's great, I'm finding though the gearbox doesn't feel as slick as I was expecting, a mate of mine, who is a good amateur mechanic, has suggested trying an oil change on it, as it has worked on a '09 Saab he services for his brother's boss. We have found the identifier for the 'box and it's one that a local oil manufacturer has said is 'refer to BMW for spec', they've said they'll only do it for me and can't sell me the required oil, didn't bother trying to ask for the spec, as they didn't seem willing to help much on that.

The gearbox is - MTF-LT-1 23 00-1 434 404 Car's an E46 330ci sport manual 'box

We reckon the clutch is healthy, the bite isn't shifting about which Dan says the hydraulic BMW clutch can do if it's going. BMW did say the linkage bushings at the gearstick end can get sloppy, but oil change should be a quicker fix to try first! Any other suggestions would be great!

Also, my OBC won't go from time to temp to the other functions, it stays on time only, if the temp warning +3.0 c or lower comes on, it then stays on temp. I have changed the indicator stalk- it is one from salvage, so not brand new, but all the light functions are perfect with either stalk, may be nothing, but the fog light and dip/main tell tales never display on the dash either. I'm wondering about wiring- but I believe there's an OBC module somewhere which sorts out fuel economy etc. could that be the problem?

Lot of stuff to read, sorry about that!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links