Loss Of Power After Start Up.

Jarvo77

I have an S reg 318i convertible (automatic). When first starting the car, there is a major loss of power when pulling away and it is very easy to stall the car if the throttle is not coaxed very carefully. After first pulling away in this manner, the power returns and all seems well. The problem doesn't seem to be particularly weather dependent and is intermittent but occurs quite regularly.

Suspect it may be a faulty choke. Anyone else had this problem?

Does it idle ok when started?

Check your choke but to me might well be a maf. With ignition off undo the maf sensor and try driving it from the same situation... If it accelerates fine then its ur maf.

Wont be the Vanos i dnt think because the vanos doesnt kick in till 2000rpm.

If the car feels like its slipping, u may need to top up/ replace ur transmission fluid. Might well be ur torque converter hasnt enough fluid in it.

Last but not least you may be developIng either a dodgy crankshaft or cam sensor.

If you car stalls, struggles to start, or feels like its in a Limp mode, it could be either one.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links