E39 530D Se - Changing The Stereo

Uriel

I want to remove the original BMW stereo (cassete player and radio) from the dashboard and fit my own, but I have a couple of questions...

Is there any way to make an AUX IN socket that will connect up to the original stereo so I can plug in my MP3 player?

Can I get a fascia panel that will allow me to fit a standard DIN sized hi-fi?

Can I buy some kind of adapter so that I can still use the wheel-mounted controls for the new hi-fi, or is there a BMW compatible h-fi that I can buy?

Can I use the fittings in the boot (for the CD multichanger) to connect a bass box to the stereo, or would I be better off running new cables into the boot?

hi mate.i have enquired about some of these things you ask too.i have recently found out that you can buy a fascia to go around a new stereo.they are around 20 quid..............you can also buy a little gadget that plugs into your new stereo so you can use the steering wheel controls.i cant remember how much these were.i think around 30 quid..................if you are putting a bassbox in the boot i would put new cables in rather than try and use the Cd Changer ones.i would also try and run the new cables through the centre of the car for less interference.........hope that helps

Guest Mister Dabsy

As Martin says... You will need adapter loom which plugs between the HU and BMW loom PLUS the steering-wheel adapter !!

Guest DazH

The E39 has a little plastic flap that covers the BMW business cassette player. You might have problems with that when changing the fascia

Just my two pence :rolleyes:

Guest DazH

I swear you can plug an I pod into the standard fit unit

Don't think you can with the standard Cassette jobbie

Only way I done it with mine was the cassette tape MP3 converter thing but the quality is pants

I'm picking the car up tomorrow, and will have a root around in the Cd Changer compartment. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be able to run an aux cable from there up to the front of the car. The changer has no amplifier - that'll be in the head unit - but it must have an output to one, so I should be able to splice something in at that point.

always run rca's from the head unit to the amp for your bass box/subwoofer, if you splice into your Cd Changer cables your just gonna have problems, and to save a little moeny it is possible to connect a subwoofer to the standard e39 business head unit, i know this because i have done it myself, only costs a pound or so for a speaker cable - rca converter, you then just splice into the cables for 2 of the speakers and hey presto, rca output from the standard head unit, i believe the required part is available from maplins aswell, hope it helps, drop me a line if you need help/advice with getting it working

Rhys

• 8 months later...

Hello guys , I have question as well , I want to swap my original BMW E39 cassette player , to the original from same E39 but cd player , all together with radio unit, but when I took them out, ..... there are different harness , any ideas how to swap that f...gh cassette to cd player , maybe possible to find adapter for harness , or what I need to do , please HELP ME !!!!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links