Clutch Slipping?

Charlee

I'm sure I read on here somewhere that occasionally a clutch judder is normal but I'm not sure. If I go out to the car in the morning for work, for about the first ten minutes my clutch slips, causing me to stall at most roundabouts or traffic lights etc. I have to literally ride the clutch like a learner to get it going without gaining the "Kangaroo effect". I sit in a lot of traffic on a daily basis as well. Although after these first ten minutes or so it drives fine? Does this mean it's on it's way out? I've tried the going uphill in fifth gear thing and she still pulls away fine. Advice please? Thanks in advance!

This is a strange one that lots of older BME's suffer, There are lots of reasons but the most common is the splines from the gearbox rusting up along with the clutch release bearing, clutch plates last a long time before they wear out. Try pumping the clutch pedal a dozen or so times before going out, it may make all the difference and may cure the problem. The actual clutch housing condensates causing the rust to form. Lastly the flywheel can distort on higher milage cars but rarely, a garage inspection is costly so hopefully pumping the pedal will work.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links