Rear Dvd Monitors In Headrests (Help)

Jonnyivy

So I've just bought this 2003 X5, with all the extra's. Previous owner has added one of these aftermarket touchscreen satnav/radio/phone/dvd/ goodness knows all what.

It all seems to work, most of it anyway,plugged in properly, but I don't know if the original DVD / playstation monitors in the rear were powered up by the original radio/ cd head unit ? Is there somewhere I could look to find the power source for these monitors,.. the actual playstation itself is powering up and the hand controlers are there in the back. Nothing happens when I press the 'power' button on the monitor screens.

Where does the power come from for these please ???

Thanks,

Jonny

Thanks,.. I had a quick look earlier today, what a frightening site of wires ! Mind you, most were tagged , but I couldn't figure out what a lot of the abreviations were on the tags. There were also lots of other smaller wires hiding in there too, none were looking like they were anything to do with the monitors or the new head. I'm visiting a mate tomorrow who has a volt meter so we can try to trace one end and find the other. I expect it to be just a 12v feed I'm looking for ?

On a better note,.. I found the 'jack' for the reversing camera , last owner said he hadn't got round to installing it (the screen goes blank with 'reversing camera' when I select reverse gear). Also I noticed that the aerial for the satnav was not plugged in either, so tomorrow might be an interesting day.

Thanks for your swift reply,

Jonny

SORTED ! Got the dash out today and found that the live feed from the inline fuse was blown. Had to trace the wires from headrests , didn't know whether they ran to the playstation in the back or the new head unit. Looks like the power feed for the screens are independant to them both, its a live feed through an in-line fuse.

Kids are happy in the back now watching their DVD's,.. no more " are we there yet ?"

Jonny

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links