Nox Sensor & Cip Upgrade

Hi There

I am new to the club. I just got told by my garage that my NOX sensor is faulty on my 1 series. Its only done 14,000 miles and is 3.5 years old. Its going to cost a fortune and wondering if i should try and challenge BMW to pay for it? Engineer has told me its very very unusual to get this fault on such a low mileage. Any ideas? Also do i really need to replace it? will it cause problems if i don't do it?

Also was told i needed to update CIP which again is going to cot a fortune. Interested to know if i need to do this, assume only BMW can do this? Just not sure what it will do.

Thanks for your help guys

CIP updates i cannot help with,

Knock senor? well it is abit odd for it to pack up at such a young age, must admit from experiance they either work or they dont, engine works fine or runs like a bag of cr** if at all,

does the car run ok?

Sometimes engines will throw up fault codes,which once cleared will not come back, the old X5 had it drummer into its brain that it had a missfire on number 8, and that the coil on 3/4 wasnt working correctly................it was correct as it was a 3.0 Diesel.

If the Dealer has cleared the code, and the car is running fine i wouldnt worry to much. All these modern leccys on cars are a wounderful assistance however it will never replace common sense.

The dealer wouldnt be doing his job unless he mention it to you

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links