Stolen Keys And Replacement??

DeanT

hey all i know this thread has been talked about before but i cant for the life of me find the search function on here now but i need some advice if poss, ive had my one and only key stolen so i need to get a replacement one before i can do anything with my car!! ive rang the AA but they said theyre lock assistance cant do anything because the likes of BMW and Mercedes dont release the software, now ive tried to ring BMW but they are still closed but ive been told that they should be able to get me a replacement after about 5 days from germany, now have i just been fobbed off? or does anyone have any experience of this? and what was the outcome timewise and cost,

thanks DeanT

Cheers i finaly got my new key this morning and was told a million different things by BMW, one said i could open and start the car with the key, the other said i could only open and would have to get the car towed to BMW so they could programme the key to the car, when i tried, the key opened the door but wouldnt start the car so i was told to tow the car to BMW so i called the AA who came out and towed me about 200 metres down my road then pulled over to put the towing plates on and told me just to try starting the car again and it !Removed! started this time! we both looked gobsmacked so the AA guy left and i drove to BMW who then pressed the buttons on the key in some combination and all my central locking worked too.. so im happy again now :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Mister Dabsy

If you already have a working key then contact the Stealer with your VIN number, a cut key will be made, that key will then need to be "Added" to your car as a second key... Adding keys can be done by you !

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links