2003 330D

tweenster

Hi

My first post on this forum.

I'm considering buying something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-330d-Sport-4-Doors-Manual-Saloon-Diesel-/260891970259?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cbe5f8ad3#ht_1271wt_1270

Not sure yet whether to buy a saloon, coupe or estate; each has it's own merits and either would suit me - I'm also a cyclist so the estate has obvious advantages. My general question, though, is about running costs. I do about 8000 miles a year and most of this is on the motorway (at a cruise controlled '70'mph) taking my kids to and from boarding school. I guess servicing will be once a year and I will use an independent for this.

So how much will I need to budget to run this? I currently own a 2001 Ford Focus 2-litre Estate that costs about £800 a year to keep on the road (insurance, tax, MOT and service) and I tend to allow another £500 a year for additional repairs/maintenance. On a longer run I get about 38mpg so that 8000 miles costs approx £1223. If a 330D could return 45mpg on a long run (is that a realistic expectation?) then fuel costs would drop to approx £1100 even allowing for the additional cost of diesel; this would offset the additional costs of insurance and possibly servicing.

Should I be afraid of 100,000+ milers if they have been properly serviced?

I sense that the total costs of running a 330D will not be vastly different to my Ford; I would be grateful to hear from people who own 330Ds for their own views on running costs.

Thanks

Guest Mister Dabsy

Hiya Michael... Looks a great motor, but for a 2003 model I would shop around and find something similar @3-4k !!

Have you considered Gav's car?

P.S. It would be great if you could tell us all a bit about yourself in the New Member section ;)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links