X5 30I Rear Subframe Bush Help

moses

Hello to all

Ive just had all four rear sub frame bushes replaced but the back end divers side bush is down about 15mm?

it looks like the bush sits in the subframe mount ok from the wheel arch side but looking at it from inside you can

see the bush is not seated .

It seems like the bush is offset in the subframe mount, is this because of bad fitting?

When the work was being done i phoned them as the work had been delayed and was told they were having problems with the rear

bushes.

Now the off side rear tyer outer edge is wearing real quick?

The garage are saying the subframe maybe slightly bent for the bush to drop down?

Ive took a pic of the subframe bush and not had this tyer wear problem before subframe bush change.

Has any one had a problem with this or is this poor quality bushes or fitment?

Thanks for any help with this

post-2435-0-93023400-1322092895_thumb.jp

Hi mate I had all mine changed with no problems. If it looks different from the other side and tyre is wearing uneven then something not right I would go back to garage and tell them your not happy. I would also tell them you want a refund of labour cost because if they messed it up first time you don't want them dismantling the back end if your car again . If you paid on a credit card also speak to them they can sometimes refund payments if things are not right

Thanks Prestige interiors

The garage are taking it to bmw dealers as he has a (friend) in work shop. Ive read a post about the rear bushes are more involved and the way he said they fitted

the rears he did not mention tail pipes and axle release? Oh i wish i paid on credit card but done debit card :(

Will let you no what they come back with

Thanks again mate for your reply

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links