New Member X5 Question

est84

Hi all,

Just found this great forum through google looking for some questions.

I'm about to buy a 4.4 x5 tomorrow and would like any tips when viewing it.

Also could anyone advise me of the v.i.n locations please, as I can't find this info on the net..

Cheers. Dean

Hi Dean welcome to the club you have come to the right place

The vin should be on a plaque in windscreen I will have a look under the bonnet of mine in a minuet see if it's there as well

One thing to look out for is the bushes if it's done 80,000 plus they will probably need doing

Service history should be looked at

Any other probs you get when you buy it you know where we are

Have a read through past X5 posts

Before you buy

Regards Christian

I'm Waltham cross which is about 5 junctions from the crossing.

Cheers for checking the vin for me. I'm just a really carefully buyer and you can't be too carefully nowadays, and like to check everything.

:)

Thank for the welcome guys,

Well I got the car yesterday looked over it and all was well, hpi checked it and it's all good too..

Only thing is, it has a non transferable registration plate noted on the logbook, but this doesn't bother me as I have no plans for a private plate anyway.

Anyway took in for a test drive with the mrs in the back and she said she could hear a slight knocking coming from the back, although I could not hear it, drove it for 15 mins and I still couldn't hear it so it didn't bother too much..

Engine sounds great, and probaly needs new set of rubber soon.. Still not a problem.

Looked for oil leaks and underneath looked lovely and dry.

So I maneged all in to get it under the asking price and handed over 4500 with 80000 miles and book and service history.. All good so far lol..

Anyway drove it home and I can honestly say I loved every minute of the drive,, Wow what a great motor,,

Only thing is I can now hear the knocking from the back which the mrs pointed out in the test drive, it seemed to get worse after the speed bumps around my area..

Now sounds like someone's in the boot knocking to get out.

Also when looking under the car today I have noticed that it is no longer dry and I have what seems to be a oil leak ,, Great..

But still pleased with the purchase and will be going to BMW for a nice service and to sort the knocking and leak I have..

Is there a common problem where it would leak oil?

And I would probaly think that the rear subframe bushes are worn, is there bushes that were out on these that anyone knows about, that are also a common problem.

Many thanks..

Dean :)

Hi Dean well done fella sub frame bushes are common and only have 80,000 life span if you have the rear boot space cover and it's not pulled out and clipped in the handle of this can flap over speed humps and cause a knocking from the boot but if it's done 80,000 it will prob still need bushes done

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links