M5 Advice!!

DXB-X5

Was looking at getting myself an X5 but couldn't find a V8 version that didnt have stupid miles on it or was a dog!! So went shopping for something v8 and four door, Found an 1999 M5 in blue with less than 80,000kms on it so thats about 50,000 miles full service hist from Bmw all the toys. Little older than i wanted to go but it puts me in a good position as am buying cash and here they wont finance a car older than 6yrs!!! even then they aren't happy at over 5.

Is there anything i should look for to try an get a lil more off the price or something big i can try an get them to replace i.e are the water pumps prone to blowing up or anything. Its had a full belt change and gearbox fluid was done when they took it in.

Thanks for the advice guys

Chris

Don't think the weather here will effect that too much, but if needs be i'll buy all new round. for clear units all round. My bro flies out soon so he can pack his case well haha. Wont weigh much i don't think. What like is the suspension tops etc on it???

Suspension is generally great, its the bushes that sometimes cause issues...

Keep on-top of the Servicing too...

Its the Director of the dealerships old car, so Servicing is bursting to the brim. Went back today it had all new belts and pulleys 6months ago. So deal is being finalised so hoping he will through in a free service in 6months time.

Guest Mister Dabsy

What's the "ball-park" figure dude?

Just to add... And it's only MY opinion....

The E39 M5 is second-best to the older E34, which had more of a driving experience, but the E39 is much better than the newer stuff. Way too much tech in the newer versions for me !! :P

What's the "ball-park" figure dude?

Just to add... And it's only MY opinion....

The E39 M5 is second-best to the older E34, which had more of a driving experience, but the E39 is much better than the newer stuff. Way too much tech in the newer versions for me !! :P

Ryt now for a cash price of just under 9k i can have the car, But he just offered me a lease to own deal which after everything comes out to 12,500 but that means the cars fully insured and maintained for 2yrs regardless. So i'm gonna go down Sunday have a chat and see what the crack is. Insurance here is cheap its a straight 5% of the cars value none of this how old is ur grannies 1st born next may and how many times a day do you say hello etc to work out a premium. So in the uk this car would cost me an easy 1100 to insure as i've been out the country an lost any no claims i'm entitled to. Plus if they are maintaining it. Come the end of 2yrs i'll make sure i have a new car built by BMW original parts BAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love the E39 i think its a fantastic looking car, So the chance to own an M5 for me is awesome. Yer the E34 was and is a great car but for me the aggressive look of the E39 is awesome. Well happy.

Also Dabsy i think you might be right about the impatient bit in me here's a post i left on another M5 site. I left them a little goodbye in Arabic just to !Removed! em off a lil haha

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/196464-dubai.html#post2186174

• 2 weeks later...

Ryt finally got down to see the guy and went for a 2nd test drive all going well am picking it up next week, But changing gears was a herculean task to change gears i really had to wretch at the lever to change gears so they are going to investigate its been sat a while maybe just cold but am thinking maybe its a thrust bearing or something. Anyone any knowledge on these boxes! I have been told to expect it to be a little Notchy but my god it was really hard to change gears. But drives like a dream saw a bill for 20k worth of bushes and suspension replacement parts. Which is about 3.5k Sterling so its been well looked after. Just worried about the gear changes.

Thanks Chris

Guest Mister Dabsy

Hi Chris, just had a look at the "Other" forum you were on... Very Limited there eh? Self-centred mummy's boyz me thought !!

Should be a smooth change mate, rub your chin whilst asking for a FULL service before you commit ;)... AND a 2yr warranty :rolleyes:

Hi Chris, just had a look at the "Other" forum you were on... Very Limited there eh? Self-centred mummy's boyz me thought !!

Should be a smooth change mate, rub your chin whilst asking for a FULL service before you commit ;)... AND a 2yr warranty :rolleyes:

Yeah they can do 1 haha.

I've told him the box issue has to be sorted before i commit am just thinking how he could bodge it to not cost him much money. So was looking for some info on what it could be. Been a while since i done this car ownership mullarkey, Rentals are great lol. But yeah no way am i buying it as is!!!!

Good man... Keep rubbing yer chin, it's obvious he wants a sale ! ;)

Haha, yeah was hard trying not to get 2 excited in front of him, Its an awesome sounding car love it!!!! Just needs the box sorted and i'll be a happy chappy

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links