E30 Oil Leak

e30soul

hi all i'm new to the site and am in need of some help!!! lol

i bought a e30 318is the other day the oil sump cracked and that will be replaced on monday.

i also had a oil leak before this happened and it looks like rocker cover gasket but it has a bolt on the right hand side thats quite big and may be coming from there aswell. does anyone know what this bolt is for?? ok now if you looked the engine itself and looked at this bolt you will see a join going down the front of the engine next to the bolt it looks like it could also be coming from there aswell would that be the cam shaft gaskets??? this is the first bmw i have had so bare with me please :unsure: is it worth me replacing gaskets on monday or just buy a new engine as it sounds tappy aswell. please help. thanks i have included a pic so you understand what i'm saying lolpost-2083-0-69691900-1317518441_thumb.jp

Guest Mister Dabsy

Cannot actually get my head around your pic... However if there IS a leak at that bolt then it needs a new copper washer!

Camshafts don't have gaskets but I would advise replacing the rocker gasket... Ask for a top-end gasket set MINUS the head gasket (Unless you need one).!

Cannot actually get my head around your pic... However if there IS a leak at that bolt then it needs a new copper washer!

Camshafts don't have gaskets but I would advise replacing the rocker gasket... Ask for a top-end gasket set MINUS the head gasket (Unless you need one).!

My M20 has a brown plastic washer around the end of the camshaft but it would be obvious if it was coming from there as it would pi*s out