E36 318 Convertable

stevieb73

Erro!

Currently trying to sell me Mondeo for a 318 Convertable. I want a 318 to keep the tax and insurance low, as well as fuel consumption. Is there anyone here that could tell me what to look out for when going to look at them?

I was looking at a lovely metallic grey/silver which looked lovely and the bloke seems really honest on the phone, but the milage is puttin me off (190k!)

Ive seen a silver one too, and there's a standard blue one in lovely condition about 10 miles away from me. Really need to sell the mondeo quick though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Steve

Hey Steve, Lovely choice buddy

I quite fancy a convertible E36 myself actually. Wouldn't get one with a 4pot engine though. Lowest I would go to is a 320i. Fuel consumption is not significantly higher on the higher models as long as you don't drive like a tit ( All the time ;) )

190k is a bit steep BUT!... If it is well maintained it will be perfectly fine my friend. Your not buying a ford this time put it that way... B)

What to look for... Well. Hard to say really as loads of things COULD be wrong with it. For BMWs I would say ask too see any recent bills for suspension work and give the suspension a good seeing too before you pay.

Can we have some Links too these cars you talk of?

Daz

Hi Stevie,

I have a E46 318Ci Conertible and despite what the purists say the four potter is OK. Mine is a four and a bit year old 2 litre though and only done 36.000 miles. Still got 146bhp and a nought to sixty of around the ten seconds. Averaged out the fuel consumption seem to be around the 34mpg, but then I dont drive it like i've nicked it. Insurance is at a manageable level too.

Go for it mate, the benefits are bigger than the costs.

Just make sure the service is all in place and that you feel comfortable with it, take warranty too if its available. You can still buy a warranty if not and you feel a bit nervious.

Good luck mate

Andy :D B) :D

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links