Couple Of Issues.

Andy1878

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on a couple of issues i've got with my 320d touring :unsure:

1st there's an intermittent drone from the back end but only happens really between 70-80 mph it's kind of a ummmmm ummmmmm sound but it's only when the wheels turn at a certain point as it's not constanly there, bearing perhaps :huh: ?

2nd I get a clunking/creaking noise from the front offside corner usually at low speed when braking and turning it sounds like somethings loose or rubber or bush has failed or could it be the caliper moving? sometimes it's quite bad and other times just a slight noise.

Any help would be appreciated as I want to sort theses out a.s.a.p so I can start to really enjoy the car and also my kids are in it all the time so don't want to have any safety issues.

Cheers :D

Cheers mate defo sounds like a bearing on the back but I'm sure the front bushers were done for the mot it did have an advise for something on the front tho now I come to think of it it may be that.

I've checked the MOT sheet and the anti roll bar pins/bushers should have been changed so maybe something just need tightening up after they were done, gonna get underneath tomorrow and have a look it's defo gotten worse today so need to sort it soon.

Ok I've been right uinder the car and can't find anything loose or worn so not a clue what it could be, the only thing I did notice was one of the rubbers on the wishbone had split abit but I don't think that'd cause the noise I'm getting, would it be worth me spraying everything with WD just in case it's something that's just abit dry and in need of a bit of lube, long shot I know but?

With regards to the noise on the rear I guess it's a bearing but gonna get the wheels re-balanced just incase it's that.

Guest Mister Dabsy

The rear "drone noise" may well be a bearing, you could drop the discs and have a look ! Or maybe tighten the shaft-nut a quarter !!

As for the front... Could be the strut mate...

Just some ideas pal :unsure:

Ive had those symptoms on pretty much, all my cars ive had.

Front end usually turned out to be drop-links had warn and once snapped o_0 and have had issues with shocks. As dabz said, 'bouncy! Bouncy!' :)

The rear just sounds like a dodgy bearing...

Daz

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links