Interior Stripping

Got my 1st bmw sat but the inside is really messy so ive taken the seats out and the centre console to give the carpets and seats a very good clean before putting back in.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Make sure they're completely dry before you put them back in mate... I rushed mine and had constant FOG inside for a few weeks :unsure:

What you cleaning with mate?

I did mine...very light carpets...

Used a steamer with some normal kitchen all purpose cleaner in and some Murr upholstry cleanr...came up ace.

Looking gooooood B)

I hired out a Karcher wet vac from HSS Hire. Water in one side, it squirts it onto the carpet/seats and than has a industrial vacuum to get it all up again. Got about 4 buckets worth of MUD out of my 24 year old BM :) £23 for the day with Piggy discount

Looking gooooood B)

I hired out a Karcher wet vac from HSS Hire. Water in one side, it squirts it onto the carpet/seats and than has a industrial vacuum to get it all up again. Got about 4 buckets worth of MUD out of my 24 year old BM :) £23 for the day with Piggy discount

I do rate Karcher...a lot :D

thanks for the replys will be doing it at the weekend then its hunt down headlight switch, im on a misson to get it back to showroom condition again inside and out so hopfully u wont get fed up with the ?s i mite ask.

thanks for the replys will be doing it at the weekend then its hunt down headlight switch, im on a misson to get it back to showroom condition again inside and out so hopfully u wont get fed up with the ?s i mite ask.

Fire away!

well after getting my car on sat and after the woman saying that there are clips missing in the windows that y they pop out of the runners, i took the doors apart after work to find out its not clips but some off the mechanism has split. So not sure if to weld back together or are they easy to take off the door and put new 1s on.

well after getting my car on sat and after the woman saying that there are clips missing in the windows that y they pop out of the runners, i took the doors apart after work to find out its not clips but some off the mechanism has split. So not sure if to weld back together or are they easy to take off the door and put new 1s on.

Photograph it and post it matey :)

Daz

save starting new topic ill just this 1 to let people know how im getting on. rub the bit of rust down from the back arch today and primed it. Looks like ill have to hire a steam cleaner to do the interior so that will be sunday, a full day off work to work on my baby.

removed the whole of the centre console and the dash and sprayed them all black again cleaned all the switches so hope they all work when put back in ha ha ha ordered a new leather gear knob today then all needis the gearstick gater and leather handbrake handle which will be coming this week.

steam cleaned my seats today coming clean nicely do it again tomorrow then they will be done. Also sprayed all the door cards and centre consoles and the dashboard back to black.

steam cleaned my seats today coming clean nicely do it again tomorrow then they will be done. Also sprayed all the door cards and centre consoles and the dashboard back to black.

Pic's Pic's Pic's B)

well put my seats back yesterday and half of my dash day off today from the car as ive got long day in work but am off tomorrow so will carry on and put some pics up. But myself think its looking good and im happy with it, just cant wait till its finished and i can have it on the road, just waiting for my new gear knob and gaiter to arrive in the next day or two.

ive put running lights on but wanted to change my headlight bulbs in to the ice 1s but not sure how to as they arent just bulbs they come out with the connections if you know what i mean so how can i change them.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links