Struggling To Find An Engine Builder Hants/dorset Border

ghinzani

Ive had my beloved 92 325 since 1998 and its well into 200,000 miles now - it still remains my favourite car, the balance being the best I have experienced outside of karting, but Ive now got to the point where I need to spend some money on it, total respray etc - but before all of that she needs an engine rebuild. I am assuming its piston rings on their way out because it does burn a bit of oil. Therefore it would be a pretty major rebuild, shells replacing, cam belt etc etc It had a new head at 120k so that should only require some light work I guess. The trouble I am having is finding anyone to do the work - garages I have approached just say stick a new motor in from a crashed car etc, but this is the heart of my beauty and I dont want a replacement, just a quadruple bypass. I am situated between Bournemouth and Salisbury, but work in Pompey so anywhere in Dorest, Hants or Wilts would be good. Any suggestions gratefully welcome - the engines pre VANOS btw which is another reason I wanted to avoid the swap. The only thing that might tempt me is a 3.5 I suppose...

Hi there, How are you doing. managed to get hold of a list of phone numbers for you. follow this link Engine Builders . I hope it is of some use to you.

Tam... :D

Thanks for your reply, very much appreciated - I will have a ring round next week and see if anyone can help. Muchos gracias!

Your welcome, that’s what we’re here for. Good luck with your search and let us know how you get on? I am going to fully recondition my engine when it’s done around 150K. I know where you’re coming from with regards to the engine being the heart of the car.

Tommo :)

Hi Steve

I'm in Salisbury (picking up my 330ci M Sport next week!) and I can recommend Emtec in Salisbury. Ex-Wood BMW mechanics gone independent - a mate of mine has run BMWs for years and swears by them. They've been really helpful to me in the run-up to me buying mine - even though I'm technically yet to be a customer. Ask for Andy. You can find them online - not sure if I'm allowed to post their details?!?

Let me know how you get on.

Ian

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links