X5 Auto Box

explorer

Hope I am ok to ask this in this section again, the gasket on my auto box 3.0 d sport, is leaking, it says its for life ,on a sticker on the box, also theres a drain plug, would any one know where the fill plug is, and if there is a dip stick, or just a plug on the side, that it comes out when at correct level, any help please regards, again sorry ,if this is in the wrong place to ask this

Guest Mister Dabsy

From my experience with Auto boxes, they are usually filled via the gearbox dipstick...

Drain it completely and consult your owner manual as to how much and what type( if it needs a special type (unlikely)).

By the way, don't forget to replace the drain plug before you re-fill it... :blink:

DAZ

tnx for that, just read its filled under pressure, pump??? etc, start engine , go to various drives, then fill with more, sounds dealer type job ?? any more info would be great, mny tnx

Guest Mister Dabsy

If it was "For life" then why did it need a gasket ??? Not sure about the pressure issue but i will look into it...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links