Cold Starts (E46 330CI)

Deano007

My 330CI will start but won't hold its revs from cold, unless I press the gas pedal slightly on start up.

It starts momentarily then cuts out, however if I press the gas pedal slightly whilst starting (I can then take my foot off the gas more or less straightaway) - the car fires up fine and idles perfectly all the time. This also just appears to be a cold start problem, as it will start fine from warm starts (without the gas pedal being pressed on starting). I took the car to the local garage and the diagnostics flagged up a problem with the air mass meter.

My car is still covered under warranty from the garage where I recently bought it. I told them of the problem and they told me that it is because a performance air filter has been installed. Could a performance air filter interfere with the air mass meter or is it likely that the air mass meter needs to be replaced?

Advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dean

more than likely the air flow meter because of the Air filter putting too much air in when the car is cold

Try a standard filter and if that fixes it then thats your problem.......then you have 2 options....stay with standard filter or upgrade throttle bodies lol I prefer the latter of the two but its quite a tad more expensive

more than likely the air flow meter because of the Air filter putting too much air in when the car is cold

Try a standard filter and if that fixes it then thats your problem.......then you have 2 options....stay with standard filter or upgrade throttle bodies lol I prefer the latter of the two but its quite a tad more expensive

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links