e46 remote window closure

rob dj

did it ever work?

if not, then have it checked by BMW as it may be switched off. I had this on my lexus and i found that if i had the keys in my pocket and the button was pressed all my windows opened, i got fed up waking up in the morning and seeing all the windows of my car wide open.

Also happened in a public car park.. i i had then turn this feature off.

If it has worked before then it may be the batteries in your fob, or a faulty fob.

welcome to the forum first

are you holding it down long enough? and have you tried locking the car then pushing the lock button down again for a few seconds.

im guessing your standing close to the car?

thanks for the welcome. i'm new to the owners club.

i've tried everything you've mentioned but no joy. i've been wondering if my car has this option???

did it ever work?

if not, then have it checked by BMW as it may be switched off. I had this on my lexus and i found that if i had the keys in my pocket and the button was pressed all my windows opened, i got fed up waking up in the morning and seeing all the windows of my car wide open.

Also happened in a public car park.. i i had then turn this feature off.

If it has worked before then it may be the batteries in your fob, or a faulty fob.

i've only had the car for 6 weeks and its never worked, only when you turn the key in the lock but not on the remote. had a load of e36's with work that way but this is my first e46, so on a bit of a learning curve!!

bit of a mystery this one, have you got the owners manual? could nip into bmw and ask them?

did you get it from a bmw dealer to?

no i bought it from autotrader, it does seem to be a very good car, just want to get the odd bits and peices sorted out. i'm a mechanic myself, 18 years toyota trained. just prefer bmw's. the owners manual tells you how its supposed to work, but not problem diagnosis. perhaps i ought to phone bm and see what they say.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links