M4 F83

Anybody had this issue?, offside rear window stuck might be regulator or motor not sure yet, but and this is the issue i can't remove the the window to replace as you need the top down!!, anybody now how to manually open the top or is it a main dealer fix. Fault code shows 030120

Morning Andy

Welcome to the Forum

Never experienced this myself but a friend with a garage has seen 2 BMW convertible's with the same or similar. Apparently the sill drains were blocked on both (an amazing amount of water came out of a 3 series I arrived while one was still running out) causing motor issues. Trim off to fix I am afraid

One thing I have suffered on one of my X5's is a window binding in it's runner and refusing to open some Silicon Spray and helping the window down (hand either side) worked with an assistant pressing the switch. Then doused the runners with the Silicon spray, as the weather dried out the window was fine but back into the winter and I noticed it slowing down re-sprayed with silicon to fix. 

Hope this helps 

Dave

Thanks Dave

Taking the door trim off this weekend and removing the sill plugs, had to get a trim removal kit. Ill now if there's water damage as soon as the plugs are removed, hoping when the door trim is off i can check whether there is any power to the motor.  if there isn't that's a problem as the top will somehow have to come down, ill keep researching or as a last resort the main dealers!

ill update when i get a resolution

Cheers 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links