iDrive version questions

Hi all, new to the forum so sorry if this has been covered before. 
I have a 2009 1 series convertible (E88) with iDrive and I’m trying to find out which version it is. 
I have separate CD and DVD slots in the dash and a motorised flip up screen in the top of the dash that is 4:3 aspect ratio. 
from what I’ve managed to find out so far, I either have CCC or M-ASK as the screen size and interface look like M-ASK but apparently the twin drive units are only on CCC (see pics)

I would appreciate any help as I’m trying to get an up to date (as possible) sat nav disc. 

IMG_4297.png

IMG_4298.png

IMG_4300.jpeg

Morning Chris

Welcome to the Forum

Tasty motor Enjoy

The Monitor I believe is just that so may have been changed earlier in it's life. You could check a BMW Vin Decoder that will give the build sheet so you know what was fitted at build/order

Then use www.realoem.com to get correct part numbers if your looking to replace/upgrade the screen

Dave

21 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Morning Chris

Welcome to the Forum

Tasty motor Enjoy

The Monitor I believe is just that so may have been changed earlier in it's life. You could check a BMW Vin Decoder that will give the build sheet so you know what was fitted at build/order

Then use www.realoem.com to get correct part numbers if your looking to replace/upgrade the screen

Dave

Thanks Dave, tbf I’m quite happy with it and I just want a newer map disc, thanks for the advice on the vin decoder, I’ll give it a try

For the Disc yours will be CCC, CiC versions the maps were downloaded just check which version Professional High etc in realoem then Google your needs. Take a look at Satnav Upgrades they have been around for years 

With the disc remember a disc labelled 2023/24 the maps will be older not bang up to date like digital maps

Dave

7 hours ago, Greydog said:

For the Disc yours will be CCC, CiC versions the maps were downloaded just check which version Professional High etc in realoem then Google your needs. Take a look at Satnav Upgrades they have been around for years 

With the disc remember a disc labelled 2023/24 the maps will be older not bang up to date like digital maps

Dave

Thanks for all the info, I have also checked the build sheet via the vin and it has 609 (Navigation System Professional) so after some research i have bought the 2019 map disc.

I will post an update once its arrived and share the outcome.

Update.

As @Greydog implied, I do have CCC and I’ve also found out that the 4:3 flip up screen was an option that may have only been available on the e82/e88. 
I purchased a 2019 map update disc from eBay and so far so good, maps are very up to date, even has the Mersey Gateway (new Runcorn Bridge) on it. So this has fulfilled my needs, the car is only a weekend toy so I don’t need all the extras that a complete system upgrade to CIC or later would give, so I’m quite happy. 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links