F40 m135i-xdrive ownership

Silky6cyl

Hi all, Newby to the forum, seen lots of posts on here and different forums about comparisons with the F40 and various previous models with the glorious B58 6 cyl and ZF box. 

Hence my post! 

Had my 2020 m135i x drive 3 months, Previous car was 2016 M240i and an absolute gorgeous beast.... Why sell? Well, not the most practical or comfortable with 19" alloys but I adored that engine and ZF box combo. (neighbours hated the cold start 😂)

My folks are getting old and I can't keep chucking them in the back seats for trips to docs etc, so decided to go for the M135i xdrive. 

I like the looks, but I absolutely hate it in comparison. .. Yes it's more practical, comfortable, economical, modern, a better daily driver but my god the 4 cyl engine and Aisin box is utter crap in comparison. Yes the xdrive is more sure footed but it is not a real drivers car in my opinion. The Aisin Box is truly awful. (you can't properly tell after a 30 min test drive) 

Anyone got one and feel the same? 

I've swapped the front grill this am for gloss black (4 hours of joy 😂) in a vain attempt to make me love it more... But ultimately I'm stuffed as tied in pcp for 3 years (my fault I know) and yes I test drove a few options before buying. Don't want the m240i back... But my god I miss that straight 6 and ZF... And was quite happy with rear end anxiety. 

Please don't berate me... And im not judging anyone who has an m135i xdrive... They are good cars... But I'm truly struggling to love mine

36 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Morning Richard

We have all made similar mistakes over the years lets hope the 3 years go by without problems even if the fizz isn't there

Dave

Thanks Dave, I'm not counting down the days just yet! 🙃

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links