Starting problems

Sparky2828

Hello guys

new to the forum but need advice. I have a BMW 320i 2007,,,went to start it but nothing,,,no light on instrument panel, nothing checked battery with meter says battery flat,,tried to jump start but nothing no instrument panel lights or anything is there a fuse that controls. this  I do not. Have a clue what’s wrong thanks 

Hi John

Welcome to the Forum

I hope when you tried to jump start the car it was at the Charge Points under the bonnet ?? If you tried at the battery with it connected you can cause damage.

There is a fused link on the battery but I have never known one blow. Using a multi meter measure battery out put any thing below 10 or 11v indicates a dead or dying battery 

My guess is a Dead battery

Dave

3 hours ago, Greydog said:

Hi John

Welcome to the Forum

I hope when you tried to jump start the car it was at the Charge Points under the bonnet ?? If you tried at the battery with it connected you can cause damage.

There is a fused link on the battery but I have never known one blow. Using a multi meter measure battery out put any thing below 10 or 11v indicates a dead or dying battery 

My guess is a Dead battery

Dave

Thanks Dave,,,yes I jumped it from terminals in engine,,,it started after a struggle ran for about 2 mins then died,,put metre on battery but totally discharged put leads back on but nothing no dash lights or anything

Then I would say your battery is dead the recent cold weather probably tipped it over the edge. New battery will probably sort it check that the battery is correct for the car and registered to ensure correct charging

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links