335d lowered

hi all bit of advice needed Iv just had my 2017 335d xdrive lowered by 40 mm the drivers side sits a lot lower than the passenger side and is rubbing slightly over some dips and bumps now the mechanic has taken this out and tried 3 times but everything looks the same  any ideas ? 

thanks 

Morning Paul

Welcome to the Forum

How did he lower the car ? I hope he didn't try and do it on the cheap and cut the springs !!?? The only way to do the job properly is with a set of lowering springs (as a minimum). If it were my car I would go for a set of Coil overs with adjustable spring platforms 

Dave

1 hour ago, Greydog said:

Morning Paul

Welcome to the Forum

How did he lower the car ? I hope he didn't try and do it on the cheap and cut the springs !!?? The only way to do the job properly is with a set of lowering springs (as a minimum). If it were my car I would go for a set of Coil overs with adjustable spring platforms 

Dave

Hi Dave no I bought eibach pro kit 40 mm all round it’s the drivers Side rear that is sat slightly lower for some reason he even took it out and tried again but still the same out come 

In that case you could have a damaged or missing spring platform mounting part or possibly bump stop

Take a look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will call up your model then search the rear axel section 

The small exploded drawing will show what mounting parts should have been there 

Fingers crossed it is something simple a split bump stop or spring mount

Dave

In that case you could have a damaged or missing spring platform mounting part or possibly bump stop

Take a look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will call up your model then search the rear axel section 

The small exploded drawing will show what mounting parts should have been there 

Fingers crossed it is something simple a split bump stop or spring mount

Dave

Hi Dave can I buy parts from this site ? If none of theses parts are missing what else could it be the spring is the only think that was changed? 

Hi Paul

The www.realoem.com site is a BMW online parts site the same as the dealers use. In Europe BMW don't allow access so you will notice the site indicates costs in US$ 

The main reason for using the site is to ensure you have the right parts/part numbers. I use it for part numbers then Google the part number for the best price. If you double click the part number it will bring up a list of alternate numbers/models the part was used on.

If all the bits are there and in good nick then check the mounting on the body and the rear axel subframe for damage if they are OK then I would measure very carefully the springs just in case that one is an odd one, sorry can't think of anything else at the moment 

Dave

Hi Paul

The www.realoem.com site is a BMW online parts site the same as the dealers use. In Europe BMW don't allow access so you will notice the site indicates costs in US$ 

The main reason for using the site is to ensure you have the right parts/part numbers. I use it for part numbers then Google the part number for the best price. If you double click the part number it will bring up a list of alternate numbers/models the part was used on.

If all the bits are there and in good nick then check the mounting on the body and the rear axel subframe for damage if they are OK then I would measure very carefully the springs just in case that one is an odd one, sorry can't think of anything else at the moment 

Dave

Dave do you think it’s worth fitting a pair of bistein b4 to the rear to compensate the drop would theses be a better damper than the standard ones ? I’m going to get my mechanic to strip down again to see if all is there un damaged and measure the 2 springs and go from there failing that I’ll put it back to standard never thought for a minute I’d run in to issues for a fairly simple job 

There has to be something missing bent or out of kilter, Eibach are a well recognised make but there is always the chance that an odd length is in the kit.

I fitted a lowering kit to one of our Sons friends 3 series but he brought adjustable all round. Took a morning to fit then the following day after it had settled a couple of hours fiddling getting it sitting right (well how he wanted it) 

That was about 2 years ago and he as far as I know is still happy

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links