BMW Exhaust codes fault HELP 😩☝️⭐️🙏

Hi all hope you are well 😆

So I was hoping some kind person would be able to give me some advice. I am a woman, I have tried my best to understand the following codes.

4873 exhaust gas recirculating cooling plausibility
447B Oxygen sensor -around £50

4CAE exhaust gas recirculation controller position sensor signal - (I think this is the loss of power) check leakage of EGR valve /replace sensor

40D4 exhaust gas recirculation actuator position control

4068 air system air to air EGR mass flow plausibility

Looks like this is all related to the exhaust. What are your thoughts 💭

🤔now the engine management light has only just come on but kept going off now it’s back on 😩 however every now and again when I’m driving it looses power for a few seconds.

🫡with your expert knowledge do you think this is a case of all 5 need replacing or could one thing set the others off ie sensors

🫡cost wise what do you think 💭 I’m on a budget

🫡can I clean the EGR with brake cleaner? where is this located? What do you clean it with?

4CAE -related to ECR controller - opens and closes the exhaust valve flap when engine control sends signal. Sometimes mechanical or electrical EGR sensor fails to open or close EGR valve flap.

4873- monitoring EGR cooler bypass valve/code is logged when the temperature gradient falls below limit value 5k -check vacuum supply to EGR

447b air leak or faulty sensor

thanks 🙏 hope you can help 🙏❤️🫡

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Morning Clo

Welcome to the Forum

Often when you have fault codes 1 is the cause the other codes are symptoms. If you aren't aware look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your model. Then check the section for what you need if buying parts you will have the correct part numbers. 

If your driving is over short journey's it is not unusual for the EGR valve to become clogged, the EGR cooler gets over worked and often the spring weakens.

So First check all the vacuum lines to the cooler, you can clean and check the cooler (I would replace it) Clean the EGR (use carb cleaner) make sure every thing is working freely. Check and (Replace if needed) the DPF sensors and O2 sensors, if the DPF is clogged/sooted up try getting it cleaned.

Good Luck hope this is helpful

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links