F20 120i Sport rear bumper

I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I have unsuccessfully trawled the board trying to find a similar post.

I have a 120i Sport 17 plate and rolled it backwards in to a post. Not my finest moment

I have been trying to find a bumper from a breaker. Unfortunately, all the ones I can find have a single pipe space for the exhaust. Mine (pictured) has a double pipe exhaust so needs a bigger space.

I have found this. https://bit.ly/3QifnnJ. Everything looks to be ok and should fit.

Can anyone please let me know if they have any tips or problems I need to be aware of?

Thank you in advance

IMG_4684.JPG

Morning Rick

Welcome to the Forum

First an obvious question have you checked the cost of repair against the cost of repainting and fitting your replacement ?

I would check www.realoem.com the small exploded drawings will give clues as to how it fits and list any clips and fasteners I would buy a set just in case any on the car are rusted or broken.

Good luck hope its a smooth change

Dave

PS if you haven't used realoem before put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your model

On 10/17/2023 at 7:59 AM, Greydog said:

Morning Rick

Welcome to the Forum

First an obvious question have you checked the cost of repair against the cost of repainting and fitting your replacement ?

I would check www.realoem.com the small exploded drawings will give clues as to how it fits and list any clips and fasteners I would buy a set just in case any on the car are rusted or broken.

Good luck hope its a smooth change

Dave

PS if you haven't used realoem before put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your model

Many thanks Dave

I've taken a look at the insurance costs.

My excess is £300 then there is the increased premium over the next couple of years

I have found a 1 series M-type replacement for£225. I anticipate that it will cost in the area of £150 to have it painted the correct colour so I felt that  it would be the best option

While my car is in the bodyshop, I will ask for a few dinks and bumps to be fixed so my car will return to a good standard again.

And thank you for the link

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links