E92 330i Nox Sensor

geo1

Hi Help Required, I Just bought a 2011 330i 68,000m with Error code DME 002B08 scan, with Carly, Engine Idles a bit rough revs unstable below 1500 rpm, and hesitation at low or off throttle, anybody recommends how to change this nox sensor and how to reset adaptations, what diagnostics I could use?

Many thanks

Morning George

Welcome to the Forum

Before replacing parts check the loom to the NOX sensor and its connectors make sure continuity is there (even with a wiggle) clean the connectors and pins (good Electrical contact cleaner ) if the fault persists then a diagnostic scan is needed. Remember a fault code is often the symptom not always the cause.

The very best Diagnostic is BMW ISTA/INPA this will give Dealer level access and has Work shop and technical information. There are now several others by Foxwell or iCarsoft so really it is what your comfortable spending. 

Use www.realoem.com if you are not aware is a BMW online Parts List put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your Model, then search the sections for what you want the small exploded drawings will help in locating where stuff fits.

ENJOY Your Beemer good luck with sorting the rough running

Dave

8 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Morning George

Welcome to the Forum

Before replacing parts check the loom to the NOX sensor and its connectors make sure continuity is there (even with a wiggle) clean the connectors and pins (good Electrical contact cleaner ) if the fault persists then a diagnostic scan is needed. Remember a fault code is often the symptom not always the cause.

The very best Diagnostic is BMW ISTA/INPA this will give Dealer level access and has Work shop and technical information. There are now several others by Foxwell or iCarsoft so really it is what your comfortable spending. 

Use www.realoem.com if you are not aware is a BMW online Parts List put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your Model, then search the sections for what you want the small exploded drawings will help in locating where stuff fits.

ENJOY Your Beemer good luck with sorting the rough running

Dave

Morning ,Thank you for suggestions 

do know where I can get ista/inpa software? And I’ll go down this route and check for loose connections etc

its an expensive item to get wrong 

many thanks 

george

Hi George

As with most stuff there are a lot of cheap copies out there stay away from them as you will get little or no support if it doesn't work. Just took a quick look at Ebay there is a Laptop with the software already loaded and the correct ODB cables for £185 looks OK to me. If your pretty good with software you can buy the software and leads for less but it sometimes can be fiddly setting it up.

Google should be able to help you with test parameters for the sensor, check the inlet side for air/vacuum leaks. A split hose or Vac line can often fool people into swapping sensors.

Dave

• Like 1

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links