Key fob boot opening

Taurian

I have just bought a 2022 Series 1  118i M Sport which at the moment am very happy with.     I noticed that when I press the hatch/boot opening button on the key fob, all the doors unlock also.  In fact this button does exactly the same  thing as pressing the door opening button on the fob.   I queried this with the main dealer - Listers of Kings Lynn - and they told me that this was how it was supposed to operate.    I find this quite unbelievable as there is no point in having 2 buttons on the fob that do exactly the same thing.   On other marques that I have owned , the hatch/boot opening button only unlocks the boot as I would expect.   Can any Series 1 owners confirm that the fob is working as it should and the opening buttons do exactly the same thing.  Thanks

Hi Ian

I didn't think that was supposed to happen just about every BMW I have seen they work the same, Top button can be set to either unlock just the drivers door (single press) all doors and boot/trunk (double press) Centre Logo lock button Bottom button boot/trunk release

First I wonder if someone has left settings in the idrive Drivers profile that are the culprit if you haven't set it yet worth a look?

There are several good tutorials on You Tube so Google and check 

Good Luck

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply.

I've looked through utube and there is nothing relating to boot unlock button opening doors as well.    There is nothing in idrive drivers profile that  refers to  programming boot unlocking.

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian

With YouTube I meant Key Fob programming not just the boot opening 

Surely if you can program Comfort Opening settings through the Idrive and Fob there must be something there? As you say it doesn't make sense

As an example my brother inlaw has disabled Comfort access after seeing a video of car thieves using that as a method of entry to a car 

Dave

Hi Ian

Still doesn't make sense with my X5's I have 3 button fobs and the top button locks/unlocks everything the lower button unlocks the tailgate. So I don't understand why yours doesn't do the same, puzzle. Do you have 2 Key Fobs have you tried both? 

I will check in my diagnostic program to see if there are any settings that can be turned on or off from there

Dave

Hi Dave

Yes I have 2 keys and they both operate in the same way so I don't think it is the fob at fault.  The main BMW dealer salesman insists that the way the fob operates is correct but frankly I don't believe him. That's why I'm asking current members with my model to confirm how theirs operate.  I want enough evidence before contacting the dealer service manager and book the car in to be fixed. In truth it is not a major problem to me, but if it's not right I want it fixed as a matter of principal. 

Ian

Morning Ian

Everything I am reading indicates that either the function is disabled in the cars programming or, so here is the daft question is the Valet switch on? You should find it in the glove box or in the armrest 

Dave

Hi Dave,  

On a 2022 118i, there is no separate valet switch.  All functions are selected via  idrive and there is no facility to configure the tailgate function separately.  

Ian

Hi Ian

Just had a friend of our son here he has a 2010 120d so I asked him. 

His car unlocks with the top button locks with the centre button the tailgate release button only works after the car is unlocked ??? So unlock then push the tailgate release and his pops open. Try it 

I wonder what genius thought that up

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links