Rear passenger legroom query

Chef_uk

Hi all, newbie here. I'm looking to change cars as the rear legroom is becoming an issue in my 2020 Mazda 3 Saloon and I need to know how much extra I would get moving over to a 530d from 2013-2016. Could another adult comfortably sit behind a 6ft driver? Or will their knees be pushing up against the back of the seat?

Hi Dan

Welcome to the Forum

I have a BMW E70 X5 very similar to the 530d room wise inside and often fit 4 (driver plus 3) proper sized old boys (one is 6'5") in with all our stuff Sussex to Yorkshire or Sussex to the West Country during the shooting season no one complains of being squashed

This year we travelled down to Leman and back as a rear seat passenger in my Brother inlaws 540d touring. I am 6' and late 70's mind after sitting for 2 or 3hrs I walk like C3peo for a bit anyway so I think it would be fine just put the younger bendyer ones in the back 🤣

Enjoy the 530

Dave

Cheers Dave, that's excellent news and thanks for the welcome. Now to do some research in the minefield on what to look out for! I'll scan the forums as I'm sure there's a plethora of knowledge here.

Morning Dan

As with any used car History History History, check it's MOT history if advisories reappear and aren't dealt with to me it points at an owner who didn't care to much. With proper maintenance the engine is pretty much bullet proof as is the gearbox. Suspension bushes as with any car have a life and need checking and changing (look at the tyres carefully uneven wear is a give away)

Check that everything in the car works as it should every button every switch a seller who says it never bothered me or they are only £ on ebay if that is so why isn't it fixed? 

Hope you find the right car for you and enjoy it

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links