The trouble with BMW EV's.....

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble with BMW EV's? I have a 2022 iX3 which has stranded my wife twice. It appears to update the software while charging, not that it tells us that but based on what BMW tell us after the event it's always after a software update and charge. Drives once then won't start. BMW say there may have been an interruption in the update, or a problem with the update, they aren't sure, but again it gives no warning of a problem. We haven't picked the car up because they cannot assure us it won't happen again, at anytime, in any location. They say they have given a report to BMW but refuse to give us a copy of the report. Also, for the first nine months the car said it was incompatible with the UK when engaging drive assist. I took it back, they said they'd fixed it but they hadn't. They they told me it would sort itself out with the next update, but it didn't, eventually they did a full reinstall of the software and that has fixed it.

They say they have never seen these problems before I would really like to know if there are more people having problems with i series cars.

Morning Paul

Document the previous issues plus the current ones, then write to the Managing Director of your supplying Dealer with a copy to BMW UK Customer services.

Explain that due to the issues the car is clearly "not suitable for purpose" the fact they say they haven't seen the issue doesn't take away their responsibility to either fix it or replace it.

Ask them for a sensible schedule for either repair or replacement as in it's current condition it is clearly unreliable and therefore unusable for the purpose it was purchased for.

Good luck keep us up to speed

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links