Lowered suspension

CookiE70

Hi guys I’m looking for some advice, I have a e70 3.0sd m sport or I think it’s M sport 🤷‍♂️. Looking to lower it a little but if it’s M sport will it already be slightly lower than normal? If so what lowering springs would you recommend to bring it down further? Obviously not looking to slam it just bring it down 30mm

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks. 

Morning Danny

You can check your car spec by using a BMW Vin De-coder it will show the original build sheet Standard equipment and options ordered so that may help you establish your start point.

Now suspension I am assuming your car has springs front and Air rear ? so Front springs are a swap for your preferred ride height the rear there are adjustable links for the ride height sensors or a bit of fiddling with ISTA/INPA  

If you have all round air suspension as the rear above ride height sensor links and a bit of programming

I have seen an E70 with all round Air ride after market kit that allowed tha full range of ride heights

Good Luck

Dave

Thanks Dave, no mine is springs all round it had conversion done over a year ago. It looks like it sits much higher than other M Sport models so I wasn’t sure if mine had the MSport suspension hence why I’m looking to lower a little. It wallows around corners which isn’t fun 🤣

Who did the conversion ? Did they use a genuine M sport kit ? Did they change the Shocks as well? From memory I don't think BMW list springs or conversion kits so I doubt they are BMW.

I am aware of Eibach having X5 lowering kits so worth talking to them or one of their UK agents and don't forget the shocks. Of course the ultimate would be Adjustable Coil Overs you could set that up as you need/want it.

According to BMW Workshop Information (WIS) and Technical Information (TIS) measure from the bottom centre of the wheel rim to the wheel arch edge.

On Steel springs all round (Sport) 18" rims = 700mm 19" rims = 712mm 20" rims 722mm 21" rims 734mm

With rear air springs  (Sport) 18" rims = 710mm 19" rims = 722mm 20" rims = 732mm 21" rims = 744mm 

TIS also tells me +/_ 10mm is OK as is +/_ 10mm variance between Drivers side and Passenger side 

Hope this helps

Dave

Morning Danny

The Wis/Tis only gives the spring as "Sport" I believe the Msport badging includes the aero kit. Measurement seems OK if it still feels as though it wallows check the shocks

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links