530d or 535d?

Jiff

Hi all, I'm hoping this is the last bit of advice before making my purchase today. 

After many weeks of annoying my family I have decision to make between two cars. 

2014 530d with 25k miles £19,499, with 12 months warranty. 

Or

2015 535d with 46k miles £18,999, standard 3 month warranty. 

Both in excellent condition and being bought from a main dealer. 

Nothing else really separating the two. So my thinking is maintaince costs, and eventual resale value? 

Can't choose?? Any help really appreciated. 

Morning Simon

The engine in both cars is the same 3.0 ltr straight 6 diesel the 530d has 250 +hp the 535d 300+hp both cars will return high 20's low 30's mpg around town and mid 40's on the Motorway. As with any car purchase History and Condition are everything (have you checked the MOT history on line repeated advisories can be a sign of an owner who didn't care) Are the cars at a BMW Main Dealer ? Are both cars BMW AUC cars ?

Have you checked Road Tax and Insurance cost that may help with the decision also factor in at least 1 major service a year (not always needed but if its just oil you will save some money) 

My X5 E70 3.0d by comparison is used to pull a horse trailer in the summer and still returns mid 30's on the Motorway and mid 20's around town

Hope you enjoy whichever you choose

Dave

Morning Dave, 

The 2014 is from a mitsubishi dealership, the other from vauxhall (or lookers). I don't think the 530d would have been auctioned as it was a trade in with only two owners. 

But I'll check with the 353d. Is this something the dealers will know? Also, if you don't mind me saying, why would it matter? 

The 350d, has passed alll mots withs no advisories, but you'd probably expect that only doing 25k miles. 

The 353d has had some:

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/results/?registration=YD65VLP

I'm not too sure if these are bad? One in particular was:

Repair immediately (major defects):

• Windscreen washer provides insufficient washer liquid (3.5 (a))
  • Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage damaged and seriously weakened snapped (5.3.3 (b) (i))

Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):

• Offside Front Direction indicator lens defective which has no effect on emitted light wing mirror (4.4.1 (b) (i))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

• Offside Rear Child Seat fitted not allowing full inspection of adult belt
  • Rear Brake pad(s) wearing thin (1.1.13 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Rear Nail in tyre
  • tpms light on dash

No Simon, the last MOT looks clear no advisories so it appears that episode in the cars life is over.

A BMW AUC vehicle is sold only by BMW Dealers. AUC stands for (Approved Used Car) will come with a BMW Warranty 

Check the Warranty being offered by Lookers on the 535d what does it cover? Last check the tyres on both cars you don't want to be buying a car and in 3 months or less forking out more hard earned for a new set of tyres make sure wear is even particularly the rear tyres.

Good Luck

Dave

Thanks for all your help. 

I've gone with the 530d, the look around video of the 545d showed a lot of wear and tear, which didn't convey s great deal of care, together with the mot history. 

I'll be a bimmer owner again in 3 days 🙌

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links