Windows don't open / close on switches but will using fob ?

lewismar369

Hello there, as the title suggests I've just bought a 2005 120d and the windows will not work on the switches but do on the key fob. Previous owner said it was a "module in one of the footwells which is available for around £30 on eBay and a simple fix".

Before I went hunting for the offending article I thought I'd see if anybody on here could offer some invaluable advice please ?

Thanks in advance.

Afternoon Martin

Welcome to the Forum

Oh dear you fell into that one "Yeah you can get them on Ebay just a few Quid easy fix" well ask yourself if it was why hadn't he done it?

Fingers crossed it doesn't prove to be more complicated or costly, normally the Drivers door window switch module is the Master if it has failed then the passenger widow won't work either. Logic says as they operate on the Fob then they are OK. The FCM (Footwell Control Module) controls many functions. A diagnostic scan by someone with a BMW capable system will tell more.

Good Luck 

Dave

Hey Dave, thanks for the warm welcome and reply.

Yeah, I did ask myself that question but the car itself is a corker at a very good price and I do like to tinker - I always say that at the end of the day all problems with cars can be fixed. He also mentioned that they haven't worked "since his missus spilt a drink on them". Not sure how much truth there is in that but if anybody else can shed some light if this has happened to them and subsequently been resolved I'd be very interested to hear the symptoms and solution 🙃

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links