Miles or spec

scimitargtc

Can't see id posted so I'll try again.

SWMBO  has come round to my idea of swapping my 1 year old, paid for MG5 EV for a diesel auto 4x4 X1 with her only stipulation I don't spend any more than the MG is worth c£22k. So normally, unless buying new as I did the MG, I'd use mileage as a big factor BUT, I've never had  a bmw ; 2 I've seen take my fancy, a 2017 22k miles auto diesel,  4x4, reverse camera Leather front and rear parking sensors for £21.5k and the other is 2018, 60k miles, very well specced for £19k. Is a lower spec higher price and older less of a risk to the higher mileage car? Accepting their condition inc tyre brand and tread depth are comparable thoughts? 

Morning Richard

Welcome to the Forum

If you buy from a BMW Dealer you should get a BMW AUC (BMW Approved Used Car) with a Warranty (make sure it is 12months). I would always go for the highest spec you can get as adding bells and whistles is rarely cheap or simple.

If buying from a Non BMW Dealer condition, history and spec are the key drivers but also the Warranty (at least 12months) make sure it included in the screen price some of these guys are cute at supplying the minimum Warranty they can get away with and getting the customer to pay for any extension.

Good Luck with the hunt 

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links